Stewardship & Spiritual Gifts
Because of God's Great Mercy - Stewardship program for our congregation pdf
This month we are celebrating all that our congregation does in Jesus’ name within Grace Lutheran Church, in our community and around the world. So that we might do even more, each member and friend of our congregation is being asked to consider increasing their giving to the congregation by ½ of 1% of their household income.
Calculating this amount is easy. Just take the following steps:
- Write down your annual household income. ($70,000, for example)
- Cross out the first four numbers from the right. (That leaves 7)
- Increase your giving each week by the amount left. (Currently weekly giving + $7)
- If you give twice a month, multiply the amount by two. (Current bi-monthly giving +$14)
- If you give once a month, multiply the amount by four. (Current monthly giving +$28)
This process will work for whatever your income, so please use your own annual income.
If you currently give electronically, use the form available in the office or mailed to you to increase your giving.
If you don’t currently give electronically,
- Fill out the enclosed commitment card and mail it in the enclosed envelope or return it in worship this coming week to register your increase, or
- Complete the enclosed electronic giving form and mail it in the enclosed envelope or return it in worship this coming week to sign up for electronic giving, or
- Simply begin giving at your new level.
Because of you, Grace Lutheran Church is doing so much. When all of us take this opportunity to increase our financial support of the congregation’s ministry, we will be able to do even more.
Thanks for your participation in our congregation’s ministry.
Pastor Ken Gibson & Pastor Amanda Bergstrom and your
Stewardship Committee-Bill Fleck, Gayle Hoch & Alan Wilson
Stewardship Letter for October 10th, 2017
Highlighting scripture: references that both support the existence of spiritual gifts and identify those which are commonly found in service today.
First We Give 4 Week Bible Study Program
Self Assessment: a list of 60 questions which will help you identify which gifts you have received in greatest measure.
Exploration of Use: suggestions for the various types of ministry you might be most effective in because of your spiritual gifts. These three activities will begin to help you discover and employ your spiritual gifts. May the special abilities God has given you be deployed in areas of ministry where they will be most effective for the good of the entire church body. These gifts should also be affirmed by the body and utilized by the one who is gifted.
The Simply Giving Program®
Endorsed by Thrivent Financial Bank
What is the Simply Giving Program?
The Simply Giving Program is a modern-day stewardship program. It's a convenient, safe and simple way for individuals to make automatic payments to non-profit organizations through electronic funds transfer (EFT) directly from checking or savings accounts.
The Simply Giving Program is operated by Vanco Services, LLC, an industry leader in electronic payment solutions. Thrivent Financial Bank has contracted with Vanco to provide transaction processing services for the program at reduced rates.
The Simply Giving® Program endorsed by Thrivent Financial Bank is designed to help you conveniently make payments to a non-profit organization. Through the Simply Giving Program, your payments are made through a pre-authorized withdrawal from your bank account. You determine the frequency of your automatic payment—weekly, semi-monthly or monthly. Your payment is deposited into the organization's bank account on the same day it is withdrawn from your account.
Why sign up?
- Convenience – Payment will still be made if you are out of town or on vacation.
- Security – No checks are needed which means no lost or stolen checks.
- Environmentally friendly – Save on checks, envelopes and postage.
How to Sign Up
To participate print and complete the pdf enrollment form and return it to the Grace Lutheran Church office. For additional information contact the church office. (815)338-0554